With a focus on the region of Latin America and the Caribbean, the Regional Interconnection Forum provides a space for discussing issues relating to:
- Local Internet Exchange Points (IXPs): Services, public policies, multimedia peering, current status and future projects.
- Regional Connectivity: The role of governments, submarine and terrestrial cables, traffic measurements, current and future needs.
- Content Delivery Networks (CDNs): Their impact on local and regional traffic, peering policies, regional strategies and presence.
- Cloud Services: Their impact on local and regional traffic, availability, growth and future projects in the LAC region.
- Other Critical Infrastructure: DNS root servers, ccTLDs and gTLDs.
- Technical Issues: BGP routing best practices, analysis of faults and attacks having a major impact on traffic.
- Current Issues: The impact on regional traffic of events drawing widespread attention (e.g., the FIFA World Cup, etc.).
Created and supported by LACNIC, the Forum provides and open, permanent space for discussion.