Call for presentations LACNIC27
REGIONAL INTERCONNECTION FORUM 2017
May 22-26, 2017 – Foz do Iguazu, Brasil
More information: http://interconexion.lacnic.net
LACNIC (http://www.lacnic.net) is an international organization based in Montevideo, Uruguay, responsible for administrating IP address space, Reverse Resolution, Autonomous System Numbers and other resources for the region of Latin America and the Caribbean on behalf of the Internet community.
The Regional Interconnection Forum (formerly known as NAPLA), is a discussion forum that includes an annual meeting held within the framework of LACNIC’s main annual event.
The LACNIC 27 event (http://www.lacnic.net/web/eventos/lacnic27) will be held in Foz do Iguazu (Brasil) on 22-26 May, 2017, so we are calling the Internet community to submit proposals for presentations that could be included on the 2017 Regional Interconnection Forum’s program.
The topics of interest for the event include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Internet Exchange Points (IXPs): current status, future projects, new services, public policies, multimedia peering.
- Regional Connectivity: the role of governments, submarine and terrestrial cables, traffic measurements, current and future needs.
- Content Delivery Networks (CDNs): strategies of deployment and presence within the region, peering policies, impact on local and regional traffic.
- Cloud services: impact on local and regional traffic, availability, growth, future projects in the LAC region.
- Other critical infrastructure: DNS root servers, ccTLDs and gTLDs.
- Technical topics: best BGP routing practices, analysis of faults and attacks having major impacts on traffic.
- Current issues: impact on local or regional traffic of high-interest events (e.g., availability / unavailability of services, natural disasters, sports events of high interest, etc).
GUIDELINES FOR THE SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS:
Those interested in presenting a proposal should send an email to comite.fir@ lacnic.net containing the following information in the text of the message:
- Presentation title.
- General summary.
- An attachment with a draft of the slides or an extended abstract of the article / work submitted. This text should not exceed one thousand (1000) words.
- Estimated time of the presentation.
- Authors’ details (full name, email address and company/organization they represent)
- Specify whether at least one of the authors can guarantee their attendance at the event, or whether this depends on the possibility of obtaining financial assistance from the event’s organizers (see “Speaker Benefits”).
In addition, the following considerations should be taken into account:
- Proposals may be submitted in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
- Proposals must be submitted in Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Scanned documents will not be accepted.
- Presentations may not be longer than 20 minutes. The time allocated may be different than requested.
- The Evaluation Committee may, at its sole discretion, request additional information, which must be sent promptly.
The Evaluation Committee created for this purpose shall evaluate proposals based on the following basic criteria:
- Value of sharing the experience
- Technical quality
- Possibility of generalized application
- Importance of the development
THE EVALUATION COMMITTEE IS MADE UP AS FOLLOWS:
- Roque Gagliano (UY)
- Milton Kashiwakura (BR)
- Hernan Arcidiacono (AR)
- Mauricio Oviedo (CR)
- Gabriel Adonaylo (AR)
- Christian O’Flaherty (AR)
- Carlos Martínez (UY)
- Fabián Mejía (EC)
The registration fee will be waived for those authors whose proposals are accepted and included in the program. However, speaker travel and accommodation expenses will not be covered.
Those requiring financial assistance to attend the event may apply for such assistance when LACNIC opens the corresponding application period. Please note that acceptance of a proposal does NOT imply that the author(s) will be granted financial assistance, although the submission of a proposal may be considered a plus during the recipient selection process.
For more information, please check out the Financial Assistance section on the event’s website: (http://www.lacnic.net/web/eventos/lacnic27) or check with LACNIC staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for proposal reception:
Sunday, 12 March 2017
Notification of acceptance:
Week of March 13, 2017
Deadline for submitting the final version of the presentation:
Friday, 12 May, 2017